Apex Legends fans are unable to connect to servers tonight, following problems with the game’s newest patch.
Apex Update 1.06 went live earlier today and shortly afterwards, many players saw their complete progress from the game disappear.
Fans are now worried that their entire account may have been wiped; however, it seems more likely that a disconnection between various databases is taking place.
And fans are keeping in good humour while they wait for Apex Legends servers to return, along with all their progress.
“This patch is great. I finally got my stats up there with the pros,” one user jokes.
While another adds: “In case your backup was corrupted, I had 12000 apex coins before the patch.”
“The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment by erasing all data and having them start over.”
Joking aside, fans are also hoping to hear that the Apex Legends Battle Pass will be extended by at least a day so that they can make up for lost time.
This is a pretty standard request considering the game has gone offline for several hours during peak time.
However, the support team has yet to provide any new information on what has happened to the game tonight and how long server might be down.
This is the latest information from the Apex Legends support team, which was posted over an hour ago: “We are aware and looking into the issue with accounts losing their progress after the update today. Will provide update ASAP.”
“We are going to start turning off servers as we do maintenance and we’ll be updating this post with info as we look into this.
“Until we have the issue resolved we recommend you do not buy or craft anything. We’re working to give you folks an ETA.”
For those who want to know what is included in today’s Apex Legends update, full patch notes can be found below:
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added the ability to party up with the last squad you played with. After the match you will see buttons in the lobby that display the last two people you played with and can invite them to your squad.
- You can choose to allow invites or opt out in the Friends menu.
- Additional behind-the-scenes improvements for squashing cheaters.
- Added Mute button during the intro and Legend selection.
- When using the Report Player button for PC, you now have the option of selecting Cheat or Other.
- Added informative messages that appear on PC for crashes due to:
- Running out of memory.
- CPU errors best explained by overclocking/overheating.
- Added better collision to the turrets on Supply Ships.
- Stability fixes to all platforms.
- Fixed issue where the Battle Pass rewards page would not have a default item selected, resulting in a mostly blank page.
- Fixed bug for PS4 and X1 where sometimes attempting to use a keyboard to chat could cause a fatal script error.
- Fixed bug with Banner Cards not showing up during and at the end of a match.
- Octane’s Jump Pad no longer affects players when using Into the Void ability.
JUMP PAD PHASE WALK INTERACTIONS
Source: Read Full Article