New Call of Duty patch notes released today confirm the major changes made with the latest Black Ops 4 update on PS4 and Xbox One.
The Black Ops 4 1.16 patch includes a range of changes, as well as the new Ancient Evil Zombies expansions for PS4. However, the same DLC content won’t be arriving on Xbox One today.
Treyarch has confirmed that the debut of Barebones in Multiplayer is part of today’s update, as is the addition of Outrider’s Sparrow and Zero’s EMP Disruptor in Blackout.
New weapon tuning across all modes has also been revealed, although the Ancient Evil DLC sounds like the biggest content drop today.
“The Black Ops 4 Zombies saga continues with “Ancient Evil” on PS4, packed with new enemies, weapons, traps, Easter Eggs, and unexpected surprises,” Treyarch explains.
“Players will take on the undead hordes and mythological creatures in the depths of ancient Delphi as Scarlett, Diego, Bruno, and Shaw in the final episode of the Chaos story in our current Zombies season.
“The famed Oracle of Delphi holds the key to freeing Scarlett’s father, Alistair Rhodes, and uncovering the true power of the Prima Materia… but at what cost?”
“In addition to “Ancient Evil”, we’ve also added a new Perk called “Zombshell” on PS4 with this update, which grants a chance for basic zombies to explode when killed, leaving behind a contamination field that slows enemies and increases damage dealt to them.
“Players with the modifier will also become invisible to zombies while standing in the contamination field and gain increased weapon reload speeds, perfect for getting out of sticky situations and thinning the horde for your team.”
It appears that much of today’s best content won’t be available on Xbox One until next week.
So far, a lot of weapon tuning and other tweaks has been confirmed for Xbox fans, following today’s update.
Barebones Mode is available now on PS4 and features 6v6 TDM and Domination with no Specialist Weapons, Special Issue Equipment, Gear, or Operator Mods allowed.
Equipment is now single-use with no cooldowns and comes fully charged on each respawn, and Spawn Select is disabled for faster respawns.
You can read the highlights from today’s Black Ops 4 patch notes below:
- Weapon tuning pass in Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies.
- Reactive Camos now available on all guns (Gold camo no longer required).
- Reduced potential max amount of flinch while not aiming down sights.
- Fixes and improvements for Theater, Paintshop, and IU issues.
- Stability and bug fixes in Multiplayer, World League Hub, and Zombies.
- Free Weapon Crate with guaranteed MKII Signature Weapon now available in the Black Market (PS4).
- Barebones game modes now live in Core and Hardcore in Multiplayer (PS4).
- Ricochet Friendly Fire rules added to all Hardcore modes.
- XP rewards increased for several medal events.
- Increased score for collecting an enemy dog tag in Kill Confirmed to 100.
- Gameplay improvements for various Specialists, Care Package, and Tactical Mask.
- “Ancient Evil” now live for Black Ops Pass holders (PS4).
- New Perk available: Zombshell (PS4).
- New Elixirs available: Suit Up, Dividend Yield, Talkin’ Bout Regeneration, Bullet Boost, and Quacknarok (PS4).
- New Talismans available: Glowing Phylactery and Battered Dragon Scale (PS4).
- Sparrow and EMP Disruptor added.
- Escalating Collapse damage added to counter out-healing others in the final circle.
- Added co-pilot support for the Little Bird and the Cargo Truck.
- Reduced glare in the Blackout map when looking toward the sun.
- Home Wrecker melee weapon now available in Contraband Stashes (PS4).
- World League Hub
- Added ranks 21-30.
- Ricochet Friendly Fire rules added for all League Play matches.
- UI and Create-a-Class improvements.
Source: Read Full Article