The latest hotfix for Borderlands 3 is now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. All you have to do to apply the update is wait at the main menu until you see a sign than says “Hotfixes Applied.” [Update: Another hotfix is on the way and will be released today, January 30, according to Gearbox.]
Like most hotfixes, the latest addresses a couple of small concerns including those reported by the community and some perceived progression blockers. The Incendiary Badass and Super Badass Varkid has received an updated texture, and chest rewards at the end of Proving Grounds have been adjusted to be more rewarding for all tiers of completion. The latter is due to more players running the Proving Grounds for dedicated loot drops from bosses. Gearbox has boosted the rewards to reflect the effort players spend to complete the objectives, with completion of all objectives providing the best legendary drop rate.
The hotfix also sees the bonus radiation damage while Gamma Burst is active increase from 65% to 115%, while also addressing a number of perceived progression blockers that could occur in specific situations.
Borderlands 3 January 23 Hotfix Patch Notes
- Updated a texture for the Incendiary Badass and Super Badass Varkid
- Adjusted the chest rewards at the end of the Proving Grounds to be more rewarding at all tiers of completion
With more players running the Proving Grounds for dedicated loot drops from the bosses, we noticed the chests not rewarding players as much as we intended. We’ve boosted these chests to reflect the effort players must take to complete the objectives. Completing all of the objectives gives the best legendary drop rate and scales down accordingly.
- Increased bonus radiation damage while Gamma Burst is active from 65% to 115%
We’re happy to see the response to the boosted anointment bonuses we released last week. After additional testing, we want to also boost the effects of Gamma Burst anointments for FL4K.
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker that could occur when the player travels to another map and back to Sanctuary after releasing Tannis during the mission “Sanctuary”
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker where players could not speak to Brick during the mission “Hammerlocked” in The Anvil
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker where Ember would sometimes not appear to assist the players in various mission steps
Borderlands 3 News
- Borderlands 3 Hotfix Patch Notes
- New Borderlands 3 Story DLC Releases Next Month
Source: Read Full Article