A new Clash Royale update is out now on Android and iOS, bringing with it Season 1 – The Flood, and the new Pass Royale.
Supercell has been teasing the changes coming to the game over the past month and have now made it all available to download today.
“A mighty tide has swept through the Royale world, bringing with it a new Arena, new card, and new features – the biggest of which is Pass Royale,” a message from the dev team explains.
The Pass Royale follows the same kind of rules as Battle Passes found in games like Fortnite and Apex Legends.
It’s an optional purchase that can be found in the Clash Royale shop and unlocks timed rewards that can only be earned during Season 1.
“When you activate Pass Royale you instantly unlock exclusive perks like unlimited retries in Special Challenges, the ability to queue chests and a GOLDen username,” Supercell explains.
“With Pass Royale, collecting crowns from battles will earn you even more rewards. As you collect more and more crowns, you will unlock increasingly more exciting rewards.”
“More lightning strikes for your Pass Royale Reward Chests and Crown Chests, Exclusive Emotes and Tower Skins.”
“If you don’t feel like waiting for your next reward you can instantly unlock the next reward Tier with Gems, and you’ll even get to keep the crowns.”
As mentioned above, there are both rewards you unlock instantly by purchasing a Pass Royale and others that need to be earned over time.
Details of which can be found below
SEASON 1 PASS ROYALE REWARDS & PERKS
- Season 1 Tower Skin – Tower Skins have arrived in Clash Royale
- Unlock the unique Shark Tank Tower Skin for your King Tower (and Princess Towers) with Pass Royale!
- You can find Tower Skins in your Emote Deck tab.
Season 1 Emote
- Fisherman’s freshwater friend has a mean left fin.
- (The Season 1 Tower Skin & exclusive Emote can only be earned in Season 1 – this is your only chance to get them! If you unlock them, you get to keep them forever.)
- Pass Royale is packed with extra rewards, including chests, cards, gold, and more.
PASS ROYALE PERKS (UNLOCK INSTANTLY)
- Automatic Chest Unlocking – Queue up your next chest to start unlocking automatically!
- Unlimited Special Challenge Retries – Lost a Special Challenge? Enter & retry Special Challenges until you get the rewards – without spending Gems!
- Golden Name Cosmetic – Your player name gets a cosmetic change, unique to Pass Royale.
- Lightning Strikes – All Pass Royale chests get Lightning Strikes – Strikes give you more chances to get the cards that you want.
Supercell has also changed how Crown Chests work, due to the release of the new Clash Royale Season.
Crown Chests are now earned in the free tiers of Pass Royale, with each tier containing a Crown Chest.
Every 24 hours, one tier will unlock, except on weekends, when 2 tiers unlock every 24 hours.
And Crown Chests now stack more than once, so if you don’t manage to complete your last one you no longer miss out, according to Supercell.
Other changes made to Clash Royale today can be found in the patch notes below:
SEASON 1: THE FLOOD HAS ARRIVED
- Seasons will either last 28 or 35 days, and will involve a global change for all Clash Royale players at the same time.
- Fight Through The Flood – The Flood has taken over – the home screen of Clash Royale has been updated.
New Arena – Battle aboard an all-new Arena… Fisherman’s Float.
New Card – Fisherman
- Bringing a new grappling mechanic to Clash Royale, Fisherman pulls enemies towards him (slowing them in the process) and then slaps them with his trusted fish, causing melee damage and adding a slow effect. He can also pull himself to the nearest enemy building or Tower!
- New Game Modes
- Take To The Skies
- A flooded arena proves to be a great battleground. Only air troops are allowed in this game mode.
Fisherman’s Catch – This Fisherman doesn’t take sides. Until you capture him! The newest troop sits in the middle of the Arena and will join the side of whoever destroys his shield first.
Source: Read Full Article