News

Fable: Every Demon Door Location And Solution

While playing Fable, you’ll find Demon Doors all over Albion. These magical objects were created for the sole purpose of guarding treasures. So you better bet you’ll find some good stuff on the other side of those doors.

The catch is that each door has a requirement you’ll have to complete to open it. The difficulty of these challenges greatly varies from door to door. In total, you’ll encounter 15 doors in Fable; however, the last three ones are exclusive to Fable: The Lost Chapters and Fable Anniversary.

Demon Doors In Fable

The Library Arcanum

Location: You’ll find this door in Heroes’ Guild, the Heroes headquarters located in the Guild Woods. The door will be near the Will area.

The description for this door reads:

“Your path is dark. Only a light will reveal it. And you are not bright enough.”

How to open it: This is pretty self-explanatory; all you need to do is turn on the lamp you have in your inventory. However, you should know that in Fable, this door won’t open after you’ve accepted the Try to Stop Jack of Blades quest.

What will you get: The reward for opening The Library Arcanum is the book Making Friends, the Book of Spells, a Howl Tattoo, and the Elixir of Life.

The Arboretum

Location: This door is located in the region of Greatwood Gorge.

The description for the door says that:

“This is the deal. You perform an act of great evil in my sight, and I’ll pop open.”

How to open it: You have three options here; you could be 100% evil, murder multiple people in front of the door or eat 11 Crunchy Chicks. However, before you do any of that, make sure to talk first to the door so it will pay attention to what you’re doing (unless you’re playing Fable Anniversary, there all Demon Doors will have their eyes open before you even speak to them).

What will you get: Opening this door will get you the Wellow’s Pickhammer, a legendary pick hammer that deals 120 of damage and has a value of 29400 gold.

Darkwood Sanctum

Location: This door is located in the Darkwood Marshes area, which you’ll find in the Darkwood region.

The description for the door says:

“Beware, traveler – I block the way to all but the most combat-hardened. If you request, my Guardians will test your mettle in combat. Meet their challenge, and the reward I hide is yours.”

How to open it:  This means all you have to do is successfully kill the waves of summoned Hobbes.

What will you get: You’ll get the Dark Will User’s Outfit, which is an evil outfit.

The Old Kingdom Spring

Location: You’ll find this door at Barrow Fields, a small trader outpost located between Darkwood and Oakvale.

The description for the door says:

“Oh no, not again—another bony adventurer seeking to plunder my riches. I’m not interested in your ‘meagre frame. Get some meat on you! I want beefy! Blubbery! Plump! Porcine! Stop being a slave to public perception, and ‘treat yourself. Pies, meat, beer, anything, but lots of it! Eat yourself large, and you’ll be welcome here!”

How to open it: To open the door, you’ll have to eat until your character is obese.

What will you get: This door contains Will Master’s Elixir, a potion that will increase the mana you have available to perform Will attacks.

The Secret Haven

Location: You can access this door in the Rose Cottage, a small region located at Greatwood.

The description for the door says:

“I never open on a first date. My heart has been broken too many times before. I could only let someone who really loved me through.”

How to open it: To open this hopeless romantic door, you can either gift it roses or chocolates or ask it to marry you. However, this last option is really expensive.

What will you get: The Bright Will User’s Outfit, a set of clothing that protects against magic.

The Butterfly House

Location: This door is located in Greatwood Caves, a region of Greatwood.

The description for the door says:

“I need to see your Combat Multiplier get higher before I swing ajar.”

How to open it: Speak with the door again when your combat multiplier is 14 or higher, and it will open.

What will you get: Cutlass Bluetane, a legendary cleaver that deals 165 of damage and has a base value of 40,425 gold.

Witchwood Cavern

Location: This one is located at the Witchwood Stones area in Witchwood.

The description for the door says:

“I only open to those who know my name. If you know it, find and hit the magic stones to spell it out. Only one person knows my name, but I doubt you’ll find him. Even at the Temple of Avo.”

How to open it: Don’t worry; you don’t have to go and search for the door’s name; simply spell the word “Hits” by hitting the rocks.

What will you get: The Health Augmentation (which regenerates the user’s health), chainmail leggings, gems, and books.

The Hidden Copse

Location: This Demon Door is at Knothole Glade, a town located on Witchwood island. You’ll find the door in a path that is south of the shooting range.

The description for the door says:

“If you can hurt my face with an arrow, I’ll crack wide open for you.”

How to open it: Go ahead and shoot an arrow directly to the door’s face (just remember to use a longbow or crossbow that has ebony quality or higher). You could also use the multi arrow spell or cast a level three fireball to the door’s face.

What will you get: The Elixir of Life.

The Bitter Shrine

Location: You’ll find this door at the Abandoned Road.

The description for the door says:

“What? Oh. You’re not one of them, are you? My eyesight’s not what it used to be. One was a gallant knight. His plate armor was so shiny. Probably what did my eyes in. Then there was an evil mage, wore the darkest magical robes you ever saw. The last was a rogue – a bandit bit like the chaps here.”

How to open it: This means that to open that door, you’ll have to wear the Bright Plate Outfit and talk to the door. Then use the Dark Will User’s Outfit and speak to the door again. Finally, wear the Bandit Outfit and talk to the door one last time.

However, you should know that if you complete The Final Battle and wear the Jack of Blades’s Mask, this item can’t be removed and will prevent you from equipping the Bandit Bandana, so opening the door won’t be possible.

What will you get: The Dollmaster’s Mace, a legendary mace that deals 135 of damage and has a base value of 33,075 gold.

Gibbet Woods

Location: This door is located in the Headsman’s Hill region, which you’ll find at the northwest of Gibbet Woods and just south of Lychfield Graveyard.

The description for the door says that:

“Only by defeating another Hero in combat will I open for you—got that? I mean, how simple are you?

How to open it: To do just that, you’ll have to defeat Thunder during the quest “Mayor’s Invitation.” Keep in mind that if you choose to tell the truth about Lady Grey’s deeds and not marry her, this door will become inaccessible.

What will you get: The Mana Augmentation (which charges mana faster), Thunder’s Helmet, and a Silver Key.

The Lost Garden

Location: You’ll find this door at the Grey House that belongs to Lady Elvira Grey.

The description for the door says that:

“Single men not allowed. You need a ball and chain. A posh one with a title.”

How to open it: So the only way you’re opening that door is if you’re married to Lady Grey. Just like with the previous door, if you chose not to marry Lady Grey, the door won’t be accessible.

What will you get: The Ronok the Axe, which is a legendary axe that deals 165 of damage and has a base value of 43,424 gold.

Old Graveyard Path

Location: This door will be at the Lychfield Graveyard just outside the gates.

The description for the door says that:

“Leave me alone, you organic pustule. I only open for Nostro, the ancient guardian of the door. Not for you. And not for that rancid gravekeeper.”

How to open it: So you’ll see, the only option you have to open this door is to find and grab the pieces of Nostro’s armor and then restore them to his skeleton.

What will you get: You’ll gain access to the Old Graveyard Path and the Bargate Prison.

Prophets’ Chamber

This door will only be available if you’re playing TLC or Fable Anniversary.

Location: You can locate this demon door at the Lookout Point.

The description for the door says that:

“You bear the mask of Jack of Blades. The Prophets had foreseen the coming of such a legend among Heroes. The rise of the summoners in the Northern Wastes marks the arrival of a new threat to all things living. We have long dreaded this portent. Behind my walls lies the Fire Heart. There you will speak to the Prophets who watch over it. You may enter now. But beware of the beating of the Heart. It has burned many before you.”

How to open it: And while you can enter the door already, you’ll need to successfully complete the puzzle so you can free or kill the imprisoned Prophets and claim your reward.

What will you get: The Fire Heart (a quest item that summons the Ship of the Drowned)

Bleached Bone Island

This door will only be available if you’re playing TLC or Fable Anniversary.

Location: You’ll find this door at the Necropolis.

The description for the door says that:

“I never wanted to be a Demon Door. All this waiting around. All the riddles. It’s no life. Oh, if only I’d been born a Silver Key chest. I just love those little Silver keys. So shiny…So silver… I’d do anything for some of my own. Give me yours, please? I’ll let you through and everything.”

How to open it: This means that you’ll have to give to the door all of your silver keys (and yeah, you won’t be getting those back). However, if you don’t have any solver keys, the door will accept that fact and open up anyways.

What will you get: The Bereaver, a legendary greatsword that deals 285 of damage and has a base value of 69,825 gold.

The Desolate Abbey

This door will only be available if you’re playing TLC or Fable Anniversary.

Location: This door will be at the Darkwood Bordello, located in the Darkwood area.

The description for the door says that:

“It’s a hard life being a stone door. You know when I last had a physical relationship? No? Try “never.” So, I’ve decided to live vicariously. Now, I only open to “men of the world,” and I’m afraid you haven’t even left the house yet. Come back when you’re a real stud.”

How to open it: So in order to become “a real stud,” you’ll have to have sex ten times, and the door will open.

What will you get: The Pimp’s Hat, an item of clothing that looks similar to the trader’s hat but purple.

NEXT: Fable 2: Best Legendary Weapons Ranked

• Guides
  • Xbox
  • Fable

Miguel Amaro is a highly motivated person with a passion for knowledge and gaming who’s finally giving his newfound interest in writing a try. Before working as a writer, Miguel earned a Business and Administration degree and worked in Marketing. He is also trying to get to High Warlord in Classic WoW.

Source: Read Full Article