Genshin Impact is a game that strives to make the playstyle of every character feel genuinely unique. This can especially be felt in characters like Ningguan, Ganyu, and Chongyun. Despite being a four-star claymore user, Chongyun isn’t set up to be a DPS like Razon or Diluc. Instead, Chongyun operates more like a support character, and the way he deals cryo damage is unique from the usual infusion seen in the attacks of claymore users.
For this reason, Chongyun can be a great choice for those looking to fil a cryo spot and can even hold his own in battle if things go a bit south.
Understanding His Playstyle
Chongyun isn’t a character with a burst that decimates the battlefield, and while his elemental skill may be familiar to claymore fans, he is all about the set-up. To help understand Chongyun a bit better, players should take note of his constellation.
- C1 – During Chongyun’s regular attack, the last move of his combo will release three cryo blades that deal 50% of his attack to nearby enemies.
- C2 – When skills and burst are activated within his frost field, the CD time is decreased by 15%.
- C3 – Spirit Blade: Cloud-Parting Star can now reach level 15.
- C4 – Chongyun will receive one energy particle each time he attacks an enemy weak to cryo this can happen every two seconds.
- C5 – Spirit Blade: Chongyun’s Layered Frost can now reach level 15.
- C6 – If an opponent’s health is lower than Chongyun’s, his burst will deal 15% more damage and will summon an additional blade.
In addition to these constellations, when his frost field is present, all polearm, sword, and claymore users get an 8% attack speed boost. His second passive skill, Rimechaser Blade, also works to summon a spirit blade when the field disappears to deal 100% of the attack’s damage to nearby opponents and cause opponents to be 10% less resentment to cryo for eight seconds.
His Chonghua Frost Field will appear when he uses his elemental skill, and all sword, polearm, and claymore users attacking inside of it will be infused with cryo. This creates several unique opportunities when playing as Chongyun or switching out to another character like Diluc, who can react with cryo.
For players hoping to main Chongyun, picking an artifact set that concentrates on bumping his cryo damage is a must. His kit already helps him to quickly use his skill, which is where a bulk of his damage will come from. It’s important to quickly unleash his elemental skill and bursts when they are ready to deal the most damage to opponents. It’s also a great idea to pair him with a character like Fischl, who can deal with constant pyro, hydro, or electro damage to opponents.
Using Him as a Support
Chongyun is a character that players will really want to be switching in and out of a field a lot. His ability to help other players infuse themselves with cryo energy can be extremely helpful, especially when considering how polearms like Xiangling and sword users like Keqing will play. Chongyun opens the enemy up to reactive damage while still being able to stand on his own during a fight.
His burst, Spirit Blade: Cloud-Parting Star, is also handy to use with other characters. The attack summons three spirit blades that will fall one by one onto the field, dealing cryo damage to nearby enemies. These blades have a small AoE field when they explode and can send enemies flying. They will stay on the field, just like Chongyun’s field, whether he is switched out or not, allowing for players to come up with some interesting strategies.
Chongyun is a character that can be pretty versatile. For players who want to main Chongyun, the following characters can help support him.
- Lisa – Can use her elemental burst to deal electro damage off the field.
- Barbara – Can help freeze enemies and heal Chongyun with her skill and burst.
- Xingqiu – His hydro swords can attack along with Chongyun to freeze enemies.
- Xiangling – Her burst summons rotating spears that deal pyro damage.
- Mona – Mona elemental skill summons a talisman that pulses hydro damage for constant freezing.
- Beidou – Her burst summons a rotating electro attack.
- Fischl – Her elemental skill summons Oz who shoots out constant electro attacks.
His ability to change normal damage to cryo damage and his exploding spirit blades make him pair perfectly with the following DPS characters.
- Anemo Traveler
Every character in this long list can use Chonhyun’s attack to create reactions. Even Barbara is able to benefit from the freeze reaction that happens when her hydro attacks are combined with Chongyun’s burst.
When Chongyun is not in use, he can be sent on expeditions to help collect valuable items like ore; his expeditions are 25% shorter than normal characters.
Next: Genshin Impact: Pro Tips For Playing As Xiao
- Genshin Impact
Jess has been writing for clients all around the world for years. From companies in Japan to being featured on The Kim Komando Show, Jess has prided herself in expressing her love for gaming. Her favorite console is the Nintendo 64 and she revels in replaying through Paper Mario and Megaman Legends. When not fighting Reaverbots she can be found gushing over the newest JRPGs or watching seasonal anime with her furless cat Noko.
Source: Read Full Article