As if there weren’t enough reasons to explore Cayo Perico in GTA Online, Rockstar’s update earlier today added a slew of new content to the game. The biggest selling point, however, is the addition of treasure chests to the island – ones that “are sure to be filled with valuables.”
Rockstar didn’t say exactly what you’ll find inside each chest, but finding 5 Hidden Caches by January 6 will net you an additional GTA$100,000. Here are a few other highlights from this update:
- Treasure Chests: These can be found on land and underwater during Scoping Missions.
- Free Bigness Tie-dye Sweater and Sports Pants for logging in anytime this week.
- Free Sessanta Nove Monogram livery for multiple vehicles when logging in this week.
- Double GTA$ and RP while playing In & Out Adversary Mode.
- The Obey Omnis with Retro Rally livery is now the top prize at the Lucky Wheel.
- 40% off every High-End Apartment and Garage.
- Several vehicle discounts (Including Cheval Taipan and BF Ramp Buggy).
- Cayo Perico Heist Bonuses (Including Manor Tie-dye Tee for comping a Scoping Mission and a Panther Tour Jacket for finishing the Heist finale).
- New Prime Gaming Bonuses
If you’re still diving into the criminal world of GTA: Online, that’s not a bad way to wrap up 2020. No doubt the treasure chests are the main attraction, but the steep discounts on property and vehicles are also a great way to stock up on expensive gear before ringing in 2021.
The Cayo Perico Heist Update was just released a few weeks ago, and it’s great to see Rockstar jumping in and already giving players some fresh content. The game continues to have a massive following of players – due largely to these constant updates and content releases. Unlike some previous expansions, Cayo Perico is heavily focused on the single-player experience and can be completed without the help of a friend or crew.
Most of the sales end on January 6 – along with the Hidden Cache bonus – so get to treasure hunting while you can.
NEXT: Hades The Best-Reviewed Game On Steam For 2020
- Game News
- GTA Online
- GTA 5
Jon Bitner is an Associate Editor for TheGamer. His passion for gaming started with his first console (Sega Genesis) and he hasn’t stopped playing since. His favorite titles include The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Team Fortress 2, Rainbow Six Siege, Pokémon Sword & Shield, Old School Runescape, Skyrim, and Breath of the Wild. He can usually be found playing the latest RPG, FPS, or some obscure mobile game. Before working as Associate News Editor, Jon earned a Biology degree and worked in the Biotechnology sector — experiences that taught him how to put words together and make sentences. When not playing or writing about the gaming industry, he enjoys sleeping, eating, and staring at birds.
Source: Read Full Article