Fighting game fans, look sharp – there's a big new event coming soon that could detail the future of the popular video game genre.
Over the weekend, developers from some of the biggest fighting game studios in the world announced the first Japan Fighting Game Publishers Roundtable is being held this Saturday (August 1).
Developers from a slew of Japanese fighting game studios have confirmed they'll be attending the event, which has been designed to share updates and news about the fighting game industry.
Developers confirmed to appear include Ark System Works, SNK, Capcom, Koei Tecmo and Bandai Namco, to name just a few.
The event will is due to go live from 1am BST on Saturday morning (that's 10pm on August 31, Eastern Time and 9am Japanese time).
You can watch the stream via the official YouTube channels for Tekken, Capcom, Dead or Alive and ArcSys – thanks for the info, 4Gamer.
As per VGC, here's who we can look forward to hearing from at the event:
- Daisuke Ishiwatari (General Director of Guilty Gear series)
- Kazutoshi Sekine (Guilty Gear Battle Director)
- Ryo Nishitani (Producer of Fighting EX Layer)
- Yasuyuki Oda (SNK producer)
- Nobuyuki Kuroki (SNK Director)
- Shohei Matsumoto (Producer of Street Fighter V)
- Takayuki Nakayama (Street Fighter V director)
- Yohei Shinbori (Producer of Dead or Alive 6)
- Katsuhiro Harada (Tekken chief producer)
- Motohiro Okubo (Producer of Soul Calibur 6)
This event appears to be taking the place of EVO – an event dedicated to fighting games that was recently cancelled due to allegations made against competitors and staff from the event.
There are many people – this reporter included – relieved to see the fighting games industry has rallied itself to ensure there's still an event that celebrates this colourful and vibrant part of the industry, even though EVO still has a dark cloud and some awful allegations hanging over it.
We'll update you with news from the roundtable as it happens.
Source: Read Full Article