Overwatch 2 fans are counting down to the start of Season 5 on PS5, PS4, Xbox, PC and Nintendo Switch. Overwatch 2 Season 5 has a June 13 release date and a 6pm BST UK start time. Featuring a D&D style theme, the new Overwatch 2 season launches alongside a big update, a refreshed Battle Pass, new game modes, skins and lots more. The Questwatch Battle Pass story sees Tracer, Emily, Orisa and others gather together for a role-playing campaign set in the magical kingdom of Overland.
Blizzard explains more: “Tracer, alongside her trusted companion GR-iffon Orisa, has set out to explore the magical kingdom of Overland to become a knight.
“They will meet both friends and foes, as they look to save Queen Emily and her kingdom from the terror of Demon Lord Reinhardt.
“As you unlock tiers in the Season 5 Battle Pass, you will also unlock new chapters in their role-playing adventure.”
Battle Pass rewards include the Mythic Adventurer skin for Tracer, which is available at tier 45. New customisations for the Mythic Adventurer skin can be unlocked at tiers 65 and 80.
Other Epic and Legendary skins available in the Battle Pass include Slime Queen Echo, Royal Guard Genji, and Demon Lord Reinhardt.
Additional events will launch throughout the season, such as Winston’s Beach Volleyball and Lucio Ball on July 11, followed by Prop Hunt on July 25.
You can catch glimpses of the new content in the Roadmap below, as well as Season 5 patch notes further down the page.
Overwatch 2 Season 5 early patch notes…
• Commanding Shout will heal for 150 instead of 200.
• Small increase to cost of Junker Queen’s Ultimate
• Increased healing output
• Increased damage output
• A heal on Life Gri
• Reduced hitbox
• Quality-of-life changes to Petal Platform
• Damage falloff will change from 70-100 meters to 40-60 meters
• Damage falloff scalar will increase from 30%-50%
– Widowmaker will still have the ability to one-shot 200 health heroes at 50 meters or less, but further than that, it will no longer be a killing blow.
• Slight nerf to his damage so that he is no longer able to one-shot 250 health heroes
• Sonic Arrow will be more recognisable by the enemy team
• Endothermic Blaster primary fire will build up to an effect that will apply a much larger slow for 1.5 seconds
• Magnetic Grenade will deal less damage
• Magnetic Grenade will apply an effect that slows and blocks movement abilities
Weekly Challenge Changes…
• Weekly challenges that are not completed by the time the reset hits will roll its progress over to the next week
• We are also changing challenges that require only wins to complete to now allow all games completed in total, with wins counting as two games played.
• Competitive Mystery Heroes are back
– This mode tests your skills to unpredictable situations and your overall skill using the entire roster of heroes.
– Can you flex your way to the top of the leaderboards?
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Source: Read Full Article