UPDATE ONE: The official patch notes from today’s Overwatch update have been released by Blizzard and contain all the major changes on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- Fixed a bug that made it possible in rare circumstances to lose ultimate charge.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Competitive Play groups being found in LFG.
- Fixed rare instances of “avoid as teammate” not working.
- Fixed a bug that caused Kendoka Genji to briefly t-pose during the outro for his Meditate emote.
ORIGINAL: Today’s Overwatch update is now available to download on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Blizzard didn’t provide much notice to fans before the big patch went live, only confirming it after its release.
So far there have been no new patch notes shared by Blizzard but we can probably expect more news in the coming hours. For now, it appears that today’s update is looking to fix notable bugs, rather than add new content.
The new hero Sigma is not part of today’s Overwatch update and is currently still being tested on the PTR.
More about the character’s backstory has been shared, revealing: “When Talon discovered De Kuiper’s existence, they infiltrated the facility and broke him out, planning to use his brilliance and research to further their plans. In their custody, De Kuiper slowly gained control of his powers.
“Now, gravity moved according to his will, and he was closer than ever to achieving his life’s goal. But the same experiment that had opened his mind had also fractured it, and he struggled to keep the pieces together.”
More news concerning the release of Sigma is likely to be shared in early August 2019.
According to those downloading the new patch, it fixes a number of issues that appeared recently in-game.
It appears to be under 1GB to download and should be available to everyone today.
A Blizzard Support page has confirmed that the new patch is looking to fix problems in-game.
It reads: “A new bug fix patch is available on all platforms. If you’re having trouble logging in, make sure you have the latest update!
“For consoles, this may require fully restarting your system.”
While we don’t know everything about today’s Overwatch update, we do have some big news regarding the next major patch.
Blizzard is currently testing Sigma on the Overwatch PTR, with patch notes from the most recent build giving us a good hint.
You can find these patch notes below but it should be noted that these are from the PTR update on July 24:
PTR JULY 24 PATCH NOTES FOR OVERWATCH
- Practice Range has been temporarily disabled on PTR-only. For players looking to try out Sigma’s abilities in a solo setting, private Custom Games can still be made in the Game Browser.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Ready button to be displayed when no roles had been selected, when using a controller.
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to be on multiple regional leaderboards at the same time.
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to appear on the Top 500 All leaderboard when 1 or more roles are still in placement matches.
- Fixed a bug that caused players who allow the “Waiting on you to select role” timer to expire, to get into an unusable state if they were grouped in LFG.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from interacting with the role selection invite using a gamepad if inside the Play menu.
- Fixed a bug where queue time wasn’t displayed properly while in skirmish.
- D.Va Pilot ultimate cost reduced by 12%
- (Reworded from previous patch notes for clarity) Activation time increased from 0.2 to 0.35 seconds.
- Cooldown decreased from 15 seconds to 12 seconds
- Teleport re-use time decreased from 1.5 seconds to 1 second
- Decreased projectile speed from 13 to 12.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Competitive groups being found in LFG
- Fix rare instances of ‘avoid as teammate’ not working
- Fixed a bug where Gravitic Flux would do ground impact damage to training bots before they hit the ground.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sigma to fire more than two Hyperspheres at once.
- Fixed a bug that cause Sigma’s “Hello” voice line to not play.
Source: Read Full Article