As if it's not enough that we're going to get Team GO Rocket bosses in Pokemon GO very soon, today Niantic also revealed the Halloween event is coming back to the game
As we predicted last week, Niantic has revealed the now-traditional event will be coming back to the mobile app later this month.
2019 will be the fourth year that Pokemon GO has included a Halloween event, and it will feature similar perks and boosts that players have enjoyed in previous years, too.
As ever, we see an increase in Ghost- and Dark-type Pokemon, with boosts coming to candy earning and experience earning activities, too.
On top of that, we'll also be seeing Shiny Yamask come to the game.
Here's what you need to know.
Pokemon GO Halloween 2019 – Start Date
In previous years, we've seen a fairly consistent pattern in when the in-game Halloween event went live. Here's what it looks like:
• 2016: October 26th – November 1st
• 2017 : October 20th – November 2nd
• 2018 : October 23rd – November 1st
In a post today, Niantic has revealed that for 2019's celebrations, the event will start on October 17, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (that's 9pm BST) and will last until to Friday, November 1, 2019 at the same time.
The event will likely last about a week and will come with the following perks.
Pokemon GO Halloween 2019 – Features and Bonuses
As per a Niantic post, here's what you can expect to land in the Halloween update:
- Rescue more Shadow Pokémon from Team GO Rocket — Be ready to rescue the following Pokémon from Team GO Rocket Grunts at PokéStops near you: Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Electabuzz, Magmar, Lapras, Mareep, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Sableye, Trapinch, Cacnea, Shuppet, and Duskull.
- Thrilling threads in the Style Shop — Play dreadful dress-up with new avatar items, including a Zubat Bag, a Pikachu Onesie, a Cubone Cap, a Litwick Cap, and a Mimikyu Bag!
- A Spooky Shiny Pokémon makes its debut — If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Yamask.
- Don’t be scared! More Ghost- and Dark-type Pokémon will be appearing in the wild, in Eggs, and in raids — Gastly, Murkrow, and more will be appearing. Making its Halloween debut is Yamask, the Spirit Pokémon!
- Pokémon wearing creepy-cute Halloween costumes arrive in raids and in the wild! — Some Pokémon have donned costumes to celebrate Halloween this year! Look forward to Bulbasaur wearing Shedinja costumes, Charmander wearing Cubone costumes, and Squirtle wearing Yamask costumes in raids. In the wild, be on the lookout for Pikachu wearing Mimikyu costumes! If you’re lucky, you might even encounter these alarmingly adorable Pokémon as Shiny Pokémon!
- The Pitch-Black Pokémon makes its ominous debut in Pokémon GO! Darkrai will be appearing in five-star raids!
- Frightful and fun Field Research tasks will be available for a limited time during this event.
- You’ve received a spooky message. Check out your Special Research when the Halloween event begins, Trainer, and you might face a Forbidden Pokémon…
Niantic has also revelaed there will b bonuses applied game-wide: during the active time of the event, you'll be able to get 2× Catch Candy, 2× Hatch Candy, and 2× Transfer Candy.
We'll keep you updated as we learn more information about the event.
It's going to be a good Halloween!
- Team Go Rocket: Pokemon Go getting new bosses, research tasks soon according to leaked info
- Pokemon Go
Source: Read Full Article