We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Today’s Splitgate update is a big one, kicking off Season 0 with fresh content and the full beta experience.
The new portals shooter has proven very popular on consoles and even created massive server queues when demand outgrew the support available.
The good news is that most of these issues have been resolved, and following a long period of server downtime, Splitgate Season 0 has begun.
Season 0 has replaced the game’s official launch, with developers 1047 Games planning on keeping Splitgate in beta indefinitely.
That doesn’t mean that fans will be missing out on any existing content, as the dev team have pledged to continue support with a bigger player base in mind.
Today’s Splitgate update includes plenty of fresh content, including Karman Station, a reimagining of the original map, Outpost.
Karman Station replaces Outpost on the Splitgate roster of Maps and comes packaged with a new Battle Pass and other changes, all of which are listed below:
SPLITGATE PATCH NOTES
Season 0 Battle Pass – The Battle Pass has 100 Levels of brand-new items, exclusive to the Pass! Included in the Pass are: New Armors, Weapon Skins, Name Tags, Banners, and a Portal Skin! Season Challenges are fully unlocked with the BP!
Contamination – New asymmetrical mode with two teams. The “Contaminated” team starts with Bats only and seeks to frag the “Human” team, who have shotguns. When a Human team member dies, they respawn on the Contaminated team. Game ends when time runs out or if all players are contaminated.
- Casual Team Rumble – A new casual playlist with various game modes too wacky for normal casual! Game modes include Contamination, Big Head Snipers, Splitball, and more!
- Final Kill Cam – Feature added by popular demand, you can now see the final kill of the game!
- Pistol Rework – Balance Changes: Fully Auto, .125 fire rate,15.5 body, 17.5 head
Quality Of Life Changes:
- Aim Assist slider – Some of you requested that you be able to turn off/scale down the Aim Assist for controllers. 100% Aim Assist = what the Aim Assist has been before this update.
- Overtime – King of the Hill, VIP, and Oddball now has Overtime.
- Doing all Daily Challenges gives a drop.
- New Referral Pass – 9 Levels with new items! New referrals will only count towards the new referral pass.
- Custom Games Browser – added searching and filtering.
- You can now shoot portals through the bodies of allies.
- Killcam is enabled in all modes now (ex: SWAT). We saw your petition.
- Ranks – More Elo Divisions have been added. i.e. ELO 3000 =Diamond 1, ELO 3300 = Diamond 4, etc.
- Team switching – custom games option for switching teams during the match.
- Pickup zone text visibility improvements.
- Updated Hills and DOM points on certain maps.
- Hill Mesh updated.
- Beta BP bug fixed – You can equip items 11-15 from the Beta Battle Pass in your locker. (Beta Fish is happy)
- Footstep audio fixed.
- Numerous miscellaneous bug fixes.
- More server optimizations.
Source: Read Full Article