The latest update for Rainbow Six Siege has arrived. Patch 3.3 was released for PS4 and PC last week and arrives for the Xbox One version of the game today, October 26, following its recent debut on Xbox Game Pass. The full patch notes for update 3.3. can be found below and primarily deal with balance issues. For console players, this also includes the contents of the 3.2 update released in early October on PC.
The update tweaks the game’s Operators in several ways, like reducing the number of explosive ticks in Ace’s Selma Aqua Breacher, decreasing Glaz’s vision recovery and movement penalization, and giving the ITA12S shotgun to Frost as a secondary weapon. There are also balance adjustments in Update 3.3, including changing ballistic shields so they are affected by guard breaks and increasing the maximum range damage for both the ACS12 and TCSG12 shotguns.
Elsewhere, the patch addresses some gameplay issues, such as improving the chat filter feedback system and deactivating the ban ticker for custom games. Furthermore, Update 3.3 makes a number of bug fixes. Defenders should no longer spawn on top of each other when on the second floor of the master bedroom on Chalet. Lighting problems on the first floor of the bar in Chalet have been ironed out, and minor map asset issues should be fixed now.
In other Rainbow Six Siege news, Ubisoft released Rainbow Six Siege for Game Pass for Android and Xbox One on October 22. The tactical first-person shooter will also drop on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S/X as a launch title with cross-generation multiplayer support. Players can upgrade to the next-gen version for free so long as they own Rainbow Six Siege.
Full Rainbow Six Siege Update 3.3 Patch Notes
For more information on balancing changes, see the Designer’s Notes.
- Reduced the number of explosive ticks of the SELMA Aqua Breacher to 2 ticks (down from 3).
- Added the ITA12S as a secondary weapon.
- Reduced vision recovery time to 0.4s (down from 1s).
- Reduced movement penalization by 50% to 12s (up from 6s).
- MP5 primary will replace the T-5. Optics available on the MP5 will be the red dot, holographic, and reflex.
- T-5 primary will replace the MP5. Optics available on the T-5 will be the red dot, holographic, reflex, and scope 1.5x.
- Ballistic Shields:
- The guard break effect occurs when operators with a ballistic shield are hit by an explosion or take certain types of damage (from a scale of a minimum of 50 to trigger the guard break to 100 damage).
- The severity of the guard break is proportional to the damage done to the shield. Electric damage and the minimum 50 damage threshold will trigger the minimum strength guard break animation.
- Melee damage, concussion FX, sonic bursts, and explosions of 100 damage or higher will trigger the maximum strength guard break animation.
- Operators positioned behind a Clash, Monty, Blitz, or Fuze are now also partially protected from explosion damage (this still applies even if they are from the opposing team). This protection also applies if the shield is on the operator’s back. Damage taken from the explosion is proportionally calculated based on the operator’s exposure to the blast.
- Instead of folding Montagne’s Extendable shield, he now as a guard break animation.
- Shield explosion protection is reduced to 66% (down from 80%).
- TCSG12 + ACS12:
- Damage drop-off is now more progressive to reach minimal damage at 50m (instead of 20m).
- Damage at max range increased to 68% (up from 48%).
- Suppressor damage penalization normalized to -12.5% regardless of range.
- Changes to the defuser interaction that allow players to pick up the defuser, even in situations where it might have originally been inaccessible, due to falling into difficult-to-reach spaces.
- Improvements to the chat filter feedback system.
- The ban ticker has been deactivated for custom games. It will remain visible in all other game modes.
- Fixed: Sometimes defenders spawn on top of each other when in 2nd Floor Master Bedroom on Chalet.
- Fixed: Players can’t vault over the half-wall/railing in 2F Library Stairs on Chalet.
- Fixed: Dropped defuser can be difficult to recover from behind the table of 2F Cigar Balcony on Kafe.
- Fixed: (PvE) Barbed wire spawns issues in Situation 10.
- Fixed: Poor lighting inside the cabinet between sofas in 1F Bar of Chalet.
- Fixed: Players can use a deployable shield to get to the counter next to the piano on Chalet.
- Fixed: Zero’s Piercing Camera can pierce and see through the ceiling in 1F First Aid on Plane.
- Fixed: Missing SFX when picking up generic items.
- Fixed: (PvE) Missing pre-barricaded doors/windows in Heavily Fortified Situation.
- Fixed: Cancelling a Ranked queue can sometimes trigger an abandon penalty even when the player did not join a match.
- Fixed: Secondary hard breach gadget’s blue light can sometimes be seen through a barricade when deployed on it.
- Fixed: Residual black smoke is visible after some soft walls in the Basement of Chalet are destroyed.
- Fixed: Minor map asset issues.
- Rainbow Six Siege Y5S3 Pre-Season Designer Notes Detail How Thatcher Is Being Nerfed
- Rainbow Six Siege: Sam Fisher, Shadow Legacy Update Revealed
- Splinter Cell's Sam Fisher Is Rainbow Six Siege's Next Operator
- + Show More Rainbow Six Siege News Links (2)
- Rainbow Six Siege Patch Y5S2.3 Live Now
- Rainbow Six Siege Mute Protocol Event Is Live
Rainbow Six Siege News
Source: Read Full Article