Red Dead Redemption 2’s release on PC did not go exactly to plan, with players reporting severe crashing problems that in some cases caused the launcher to fail to open. Update: Following Tuesday’s Rockstar client update, the studio has already released a new patch for the game itself. In the patch notes, Rockstar says the update deals with problems related to anti-virus software; this will hopefully help to further address the ongoing issues that players have encountered. Separately, Rockstar acknowledged those problems on Twitter, although it hasn’t offered any new details regarding ongoing fixes.
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Patch Notes [November 6]
- Improvements to address issues that resulted in Red Dead Redemption 2 crashing due to Anti-Virus software.
Original Story: Rockstar Games has now released an update that apparently fixes a handful of issues related to crashes and other problems. The November 5 update fixes problems related to the Rockstar Games Launcher and Red Dead Redemption 2 itself. There were crashing problems with Red Dead Redemption 2 on the Epic Games Store, too, and these have also been addressed.
You can see a rundown of the November 5 patch notes for Red Dead Redemption 2’s PC version below, as posted on the Rockstar Games support site.
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Patch Notes [November 5]
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error “The Rockstar Games Launcher failed to initialize” on startup
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher preload decryption getting stuck and not completing
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error “The Rockstar Games Launcher exited unexpectedly” when launching Red Dead Redemption 2
- Fixed an issue that resulted in crashes when starting the Rockstar Games Launcher from the Epic Games Launcher
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error “Unable to launch game, please verify your game data” when launching Red Dead Redemption 2 from the Epic Games Launcher
Crashing problems aren’t the only issues affecting Red Dead Redemption 2’s PC version at launch. People on Reddit have reported problems related to audio and FPS drops.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is available for PC now on Rockstar’s own launcher, as well as the Epic Games Store and other outlets. It won’t release on Steam until December, however.
Red Dead Redemption 2 News
- Red Dead 2 PC Crashes On Startup, According To Some Players
- Red Dead Redemption 2 System Requirements Revealed
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Easy Money Guide: How To Get Cash Quickly
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Legendary Bear Pelt: Here's What To Do With It
Click To Unmute
- Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Month — November 2019
- Cyberpunk 2077 Has Twice As Much Keanu Reeves – GS News Update
- First Pokemon Sword & Shield Gigantamax Raid Details – GS News Update
- Pokemon Sword And Shield – Overview Trailer
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update Adds Terry Bogard & More – GS News Update
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Terry Bogard DLC Gameplay Release Trailer
- Apex Legends – Duos | GameSpot Live
- Watchmen Episode 3 "She Was Killed By Space Junk" Breakdown
- 9 Minutes of Mario And Sonic At The Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
- Overwatch 2 – 5 Minutes Of The New PVP Mode "Push" Gameplay
- BlizzCon Protest Organizer Explains Why Change Needs To Happen
- Horizon Zero Dawn 2 Could Be A PS5 Game – GS News Update
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
Now Playing: Red Dead Redemption 2 – PC Launch Trailer
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Source: Read Full Article