Ubisoft’s latest giveaway may not be the most exciting freebie we’ve seen lately, but it’s still a solid game that’s worth checking out if you haven’t played it. From now until September 8, you can pick up The Division for PC free of charge at Uplay. The giveaway coincides with The Division’s inclusion in September’s Xbox Games with Gold lineup.
Set in post-apocalyptic New York City after a biological attack, The Division places you in the role of a special government agent tasked with restoring order. It earned an 8/10 in GameSpot’s The Division review, with critic Scott Butterworth praising the richly realized open world, loot system, and mission structure.
While The Division is definitely still a fun game today, the multiplayer-focused components aren’t nearly as lively now. The Division 2 launched last year and was followed up by the big Warlords of New York expansion earlier this year. Most Division fans are spending their time in the sequel nowadays. That said, you can get a lot of mileage out of the great campaign in the original, even if you are playing solo.
The Division is just one of many free games available now. Make sure to check out our running list of freebies across all platforms. September’s PS Plus and Games with Gold lineups just became available, too. And of course, don’t forget to head over to the Epic Games Store before the next round of free games goes live later this week.
In other Ubisoft news, the studio is hosting a new Ubisoft Forward presentation on September 10, and the Xbox Store has a big sale on Ubisoft games right now.
Best Deals This Week
- Luigi's Mansion 3 For $42, Cuphead For $16, And More Great Deals In Latest Switch eShop Sale
- Huge Star Wars Sale At GameStop Is Live: Black Series Action Figures, Funko Pops, And More
- Madden NFL 21 Gets Release Week Discount
- PSA: These Big PS5 Games Are $10 Off Right Now, In A Roundabout Way
- Here's Where You Can Get A Nintendo Switch Lite
- All The Free Game Promotions You Can Claim On PS4, Xbox One, PC, And More
Source: Read Full Article