Riot Games has rolled out a new update for Valorant on PC. The patch, Update 1.06, makes a significant nerf to shotguns. The full patch notes are outlined below.
The biggest change with the new Valorant patch is the nerf to shotguns. The 1.06 update now makes them less accurate when fired in the air. Riot Games said this should “curb some of the [frustration]” players experience when encountering shotguns. The studio also said it will monitor the adjustment and is “investigating more potential changes to shotguns.”
The rest of the patch is relatively straightforward. Audio and visuals for blinding effects (such as Breach’s Flashpoint and Pheonix’s Curveball) should now provide a better indication of when these abilities will go off, the “Show Owned Only” toggle now shows up in all screens, and there are various bug fixes for things like disappearing HUDs and missing rewards, among other adjustments.
This Update 1.06 comes not long after Riot took the week of August 10 off to give its employees a chance to recuperate from the new work-from-home lifestyle imposed by the coronavirus pandemic.
In other Valorant news, Act 2 kicked off earlier this month and introduced tons of additions to the game, including a new Agent, game mode, battle pass, and more. You can check out the full patch notes here.
Valorant Update 1.06 Patch Notes
- The audio and visuals for blinding effects (Phoenix Curveball and Breach Flashpoint) should better indicate when to turn away, and when it’s safe to look again.
- All shotguns updated to be less accurate when fired while in the air.
- Spread penalty when in air increased .5 >>> 1.25.
- While shotguns are doing well in situations they are supposed to, there have been overly frustrating moments where people are accurate with these weapons while in the air. We hope to curb some of those encounters while still making them possible if you catch an opponent at a short distance. We’ll also be investigating more potential changes to shotguns now that we’re rested.
Quality of Life
- In Collection menu screens, the “Show Owned Only” toggle now persists between screens and client restarts.
- Potential fix for the bug where the player’s HUD sometimes disappears.
- Fixed a bug in deathmatch match history & match details where ties between three or more players were not displaying as a tie, instead showing the lowest rank as if they were not tied (so a 3-way tie for 2nd would show 4th Place instead of 2nd Place (Tied)).
- Fixed a bug that allowed progress towards competitive matchmaking for new players by forfeiting unrated games.
- Forfeited games will not count towards the Competitive requirement for the team who forfeited.
- Fixed a bug where ‘<Missing String Table>’ would appear in the chat log.
- Fixed a bug where strange player names could appear in chat when managing party invites.
- Fixed a bug where some players were missing rewards after reaching the end of Agent Contracts or the Act Battle Pass. Playing a game should grant the missing rewards, including missing rewards from Act 1.
- Valorant 1.05 Patch Notes: Adds New Agent, Deathmatch, Nerfs Raze (Again)
- Valorant Ranked System And Competitive Mode Explained
- Top Valorant Rank Gets A New Name
- Valorant Console Release Is "Definitely" Being Prototyped
- How To Download Valorant On PC
Valorant News & Announcements
Source: Read Full Article