The first full patch for Fortnite season 9 has arrived, and it has brought a pretty monumental gameplay addition with it: Hot Spots.
Hot Spots are locations specifically marked on the map at the beginning of each game that will have more loot than normal. These locations (and they’re always named locations) are shown in gold text on the map. There’s one guaranteed Hot Spot in every match along with a chance for two or even three. The Hot Spots have normal loot as well as Loot Carriers that can drop weapons of Rare or higher quality and stacks of ammo. Hot Spots will have between 12 and 16 Loot Carriers, depending on the size of the location.
Patch v9.10 also changes Fortnite’s available scoped weapons. Since the Thermal Rifle and the Scoped Revolver were both recently vaulted, the Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle is making a return to the game.
For a look at all the changes coming to Fortnite with patch v9.10, you can see the full patch notes below.
Fortnite 9.10 Full Patch Notes
Weapons and Items
- Reduced availability from floor loot from .835% to .677%
- Reduced availability from chests from 4.65% to 3.98%
- Reduced drop count from 3 to 2.
Comment from Epic: Shadow Bombs have seen a lot of late-game use, and we wanted to encourage risk vs. reward when picking the item up. By leaving maximum stack size the same & reducing availability, the item’s potential remains the same but swapping a spot for it early on is riskier.
Unvaulted Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle
- Available in Vending Machines, Chests, and Floor Loot
- Available in Uncommon and Rare variants
Comment from Epic: Since the Thermal Rifle and Scoped Revolver have both recently been vaulted, this week we wanted to bring back an oldie but goodie to round out the medium/long-range item line-up.
- Reduced the availability from floor loot from 2.015% to 1.409%
- Reduced the availability from chest loot from 2.183% to 1.846%
Comment from Epic: When compared to other items of similar rarity, the Combat Shotgun was dropping a bit too frequently. This change will put it closer in line with other items.
- Dropping part of a consumable item stack no longer interrupts using the consumable.
- Shadow Bombs correctly leave the players inventory when no charges are left.
- Shadow Bombs are consumed properly when quickly picking up a replacement item during activation.
- Combat Shotgun now applies appropriate environmental damage falloff.
- Ability to move is no longer lost if Rift-to-go was used with Balloons.
- The Bush now correctly attaches to players in specific animations, such as skydiving.
- Resolved inconsistent behavior while using Flint-Knock pistol during crouch.
- Air vent audio is now correctly removed upon on destruction.
- Boogie Bombs now properly prevent affected players from skydiving.
- Camera issues when exiting a Mounted Turret have been resolved.
- Remote Explosives will now open and close with doors they are stuck to.
Limited Time Mode Rotation
Sniper Shootout Duos
Sniper Rifles only. Downed players are eliminated instantly. May the best aim win!
Battle Royale gameplay with a limited set of weapons made up entirely of items that are vaulted in the standard modes.
Close Encounters Squads
Close quarters combat with Shotguns & Jetpacks.
Introducing Hot Spots
Every match, select named locations will be marked in gold text on the map.
- These Hot Spots represent the presence of Loot Carriers. Shoot down the carriers for additional high-quality weapons.
Minimum of one Hot Spot
25% chance for 2 Hot Spots
5% chance for 3 Hot Spots
- Loot Carriers
Loot Carriers drop a weapon of Rare or higher quality along with two stacks of ammo.
Hot Spots will have between 12 and 16 Loot Carriers depending on the size of the location.
Equipping the blueprint to start building has improved in high latency situations.
Added crosshair dot while skydiving to allow for more precise map marking.
- Fixed an issue with auto material swap canceling turbo build if the client can’t predict the material amount quick enough.
- Updated Environmental and Cozy Campfire Trap collision to better allow players to walk over campfires.
- Players can no longer fire/reload weapons while reviving a DBNO teammate.
- Contrails are no longer stuck on the player if they dropped from the bus directly into a Slipstream.
- Fixed a regression in level streaming performance introduced in v9.0. This should significantly improve loading times for buildings, and reduce instances of players landing on low-LOD meshes.
- Reduced hitches shortly after landing, especially on lower-end hardware (e.g Switch)
- Improved enemy jump sounds.
- Reduced the time that it takes the enemy in-air audio loop to kick on, for better awareness of an enemy dropping in on you from above.
- Boosted the volume of nearby footsteps and landing sounds of enemies not in line of sight.
- Tighter spatialization of close-range pickaxe sounds from other players.
- Added clearer sound when an enemy confirms an edit on a building piece within ~2 tiles of your position.
- Removed glider audio tell for players traveling through a Slipstream.
- Your emote music is now prioritized over other players emotes in the front-end.
- Emote music is now full stereo when in the front-end.
- Added a new Headshot + Shield Break sound, for when the two events occur at the same time.
- Lowered the minimum velocity required to trigger a landing sound
- Walking up on the edge of a building piece plays correct material specific footstep audio.
- Enemy pickaxe sound now plays correctly from impact point and not from player using the pickaxe.
- The Boom Bow’s fire sound has been fixed to not cut off when switching weapons immediately after shooting.
- Firing weapons no longer lowers building sounds.
- Changed “Return To Lobby” to “Leave Match”.
- Adjusted the “damage” color when taking shield damage back to an increased-contrast version of the original.
- The intent is increased readability of current shield value immediately after taking damage, but red was causing players to believe they were taking more damage than they were.
- Party Leaders who left their party’s current match could start a new match and take the entire party with them.
- Focus no longer changes when watching a server replay during the bus phase.
- Watching live games will no longer change players when joining the Battle Bus.
Comment from Epic: We’ve noticed iOS patches have experienced delays appearing in the App Store recently. Apple has stated that any application can take up to 24 hours to appear in the App Store. If no update is available, be sure to check our social channels for more info.
- Removed the HUD when respawning.
- We’ve made improvements to the UI by adding an exit button to the following:
- Squad Formation in the lobby
- Playground Match Options
- Events screen
- Removed vibration toggle settings for devices that do not support vibration.
- Players ammo count now correctly displays in all languages.
- The Mini Map has been adjusted to fit correctly in large team LTM’s.
- Bluetooth headset sound quality has been improved.
- The interaction loading bar no longer progresses counter-clockwise.
- Start Game widget in Creative no longer overlaps with the inventory hot bar.
- Phase Mode Button now correctly displays in Creative.
- FPS counter not being fully displayed on curved screens.
- Emote audio now plays for the full duration on the Nintendo Switch.
- Scoped weapon fixes:
- ADS perspective could remain on-screen when switching weapons.
- Player’s view could be inverted when aiming.
Source: Read Full Article